Sunday, July 5, 2015

June 2015 Cut Swap

So another one of my monthly projects has been a Cut Swap. Each  month there are usually 3 different categories and you can pick which ones you want to be in.
The group is designed to help everyone from beginner to advanced to get their cutting machines out & use them.... now that is not to say if you don't have a machine you can't join.. you are more than welcome, you just may have more hand work than the rest of us. 
For June the categories were:
1. Mickey & Minnie
2. Summer
3. Mystery

Here are my cuts for Mickey & Minnie:



I found both these images online & then pulled them into my Silhouette Studio program, traced them and worked a bit of magic with them and then cut them.
Now, I will admit I had some issues cutting these. At first, I thought it was the paper... I was going through a lot of paper having cutting issues... but then I found it was my dirty mat & possibly my blade was getting dull. 
I wished I'd had some painters tape so I could have done this little trick by Silhouette School
Silhouette Cutting Mat Cleaning: Easiest Way to Remove Lint, Dust & Paper
Silhouette users I highly recommend Silhouette School, she has some awesome tips & tricks....
you learn something new all the time.... 
Find her HERE or on Facebook HERE.


I cut the above Hula Minion for the Summer category. I had just received this file from a Blog Hop that SvgCuttingfiles.com hosts. The only way to get the files is to sign up for their Blog Hop, participate and go from blog to blog leaving comments on their posts of their projects they created with their files..... I have to tell you it is awesome!!!
You can find them on Facebook HERE and keep your eye out for the next Blog Hop announcement.
There are also Freebie cut files located on their Facebook page under the files tab.
Check out more of their cut files on the website at http://svgcuttingfiles.com/


And the above Beach Babe title was the cut for the Mystery swap. I thought it went along well with the Hula Minion above. This was a file that I collected from MissKateCuttables. Miss Kate has a freebie file that she gives out daily, all you have to do is go collect it.
You can find this Beach Babe title HERE.
Find a wide variety of files from Miss Kate Cuttables in her store HERE. 

I opened a big can for my June projects but I got them all done.
I love being crafty & learning new things as I go along.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment